Wednesday 7 October 2015

Blur of the boundary

Blur of the boundary

Nowadays, mobile technologies are really convenient and faster to get some information you need, and it has some social media, which is facebook, instagram, twitter, for people to use and follow another one what they doing, wearing or selling easily.

However, register a facebook account need some personal information, which is mobile phone number, birth, email, your full name etc. but other people find you out on facebook very easily, then they can get some your personal information. Let me share my experience, once; have a boy whatsapp me, but I did not understand who is he when I saw his whatsapp icon. Then he found me out on facebook, and facebook show my mobile phone number on my portfolio, so he can get it. Moreover, how he can found me out? Facebook have a function is search the people in nearby, if the person use this function, then the person can search who facebook user is near with he/she. That is why he can found me. Therefore, the mobile phone number is my private, but the stranger can get it through the facebook, I think this is a good example for mobile technologies blur the boundary of private and public space.

In addition, I think the blurring of boundary bad to people’s everyday life. It is because that is harassment for me, and you never know who will get your personal information and why he/she need it.


Student name: Ip Man Yee

1 comment:

  1. Dear Man Yee, The discussion here is more about the consequence of publicising your personal life online. A bit more critical and analytical elements need to be added here. In fact, how is your discussion related to the blurring of boundary (between public and private space)? This needs to be clarified.

    ReplyDelete