Wednesday 7 October 2015

Give me back my private space BOSS !!!!!

In 2007, Apple introduced iPhone. Since then, “smartphone” started to exist in the world and it changed human’s life. As time goes by, mobile technology rises and it started interference human’s habits.

There are always two sides to everything. Advanced technology can help human more convenience, it also disturb human’s private and public space.






For me, I have tried to feel that mobile technologies blur the boundary of private and public space. As now I’m working in a production house, my boss contacts me through Whatsapp or Facebook chat. Sometimes I online to do my own stuff at night or midnight , my boss saw me online and ask me for the work she wanted. I must reply her as she saw me online or even read the message and it makes me feel stress. Since Whatsapp have blue tick and Facebook chat can’t off the reading time, my private space was interference and it seems my private space is nearly equal to my public space.

(My working space in my office)

Besides, everyone can become "Judges" on the internet. Once a people upload a video of somebody doing something that maybe wrong on social media platform, others will start to discuss or judge that people's behavior. Some Golden brothers or sisters will start "Human Flesh Search" and they can easily find that people's information as we update our information on Facebook or Instagram. The private space here got blurred as the information part in our Facebook or Instagram are give to our friends to watch. But once our Facebook found by Golden brothers and sisters, the information will publish to public by them.





“There are always two sides to everything”, the rises of mobile technologies bring both good and bad to people, but the blurring of the boundary did bad to people’s everyday life as we need to clearly divide which is private space and which is public space.


Student: Harry Lau Hoi Ming

1 comment:

  1. Dear Harry, The discussion here is proper. What you need to do is to explain why the unintentional sharing for personal data is also related to the blurring boundaries of private and public spheres. The case of your boss' invasion of your private sphere is 'interesting'.

    ReplyDelete