Tuesday 22 September 2015

Don’t just use social media to know my story.

As I am a Y generation, I also using a lot of social media such as Facebook, Instagram, WeiBo or twitter this kind of social media. As Facebook and Instagram I know many people are using, so I want to share my experience that I do not like to present myself in those social media. Before I am working as sales when we have new colleagues, my colleagues just see their Facebook and they will know what the new colleagues what they work before, what mutual friends they have. Also, my colleagues like to through this two social media find the others who fall in love with other shops colleagues. That is the reason that I don’t want to put such a lot of things onto the social media because people easily just get the information in those media and think what kind of people you are and know all about your history. I don’t want to let us just know about my history and easily judge what is my personality nowadays, so I do not put photos or just type any status on my Facebook and Instagram.


 As many people using Facebook and Instagram I want to share my experience in using Weibo to show social media is making people get more understand form each other. As I have been using Weibo for 5 years and I also meet some Chinese through Weibo. I have talk with them a lot about my opinion about how the China government and they also feel shock on how what the China government has done before. I think Weibo can let the Chinese get in touch with Hong Kong news but Weibo also have its restrict because this social media mostly is using by the Chinese only but I can also find that through Weibo, I can easily get what the China news and not just in Facebook, we can keep in touch on other social media to know the other country culture. (330 words)

Student name: Poon Lok Hang, Jodi

1 comment:

  1. Dear Jodi, the section about your experience in using Weibo is nice. It also tells us something positive related to the usage of new technology. I would like to recommend you to relate your discussion to some theoretical perspectives in your future writing. Those learnt in Wesley class are also relevant. In your case, apart from 'presentation of self', the 'uses and gratifications' theory is relevant. Let's see if we have a chance to discuss this theory later in class (Frankie)

    ReplyDelete