Tuesday 22 September 2015

Social Media and Social Relationship




Nowadays, people always use social media to present themselves. They always share what they eat, what they do and where they go on the social media each as Facebook, Weibo and Instagram. How about me? I am one of them. I sometimes share myself on the Facebook and Instagram.

Personally, I spend around 4 hours a day for these social media. How I felt? Where did I go? What I ate, I did and I played? You can easily to find out and know these through the status, photos and caption and emoji on my Facebook or Instagram. And I would turn on Facebook and Instagram to look the “news” of my friends.

Therefore, my friends and strangers can know more about me through these social media. Besides, I can know more about my friends and other people through these social media. I seldom meet with my friends as the busy work, study and different region. However, social media decrease the restriction of area and time. I can know more about them and their things even the things that I did not see before by these other ways anytime and anywhere.

However, there are always two sides to everything. Face to face to communicate with other and through social media to understand each other are different. Communicating with friends face to face, I can directly understand their feeling and emotion and keep eye contact and talking with them.  However, through the social media I can just leave comments and wait for replies. Sometimes, I ask my friends where they go. They just answer that did you look my Facebook or you can know that on my Instagram. I do not understand why they do not directly tell me. At that moment, social media just like a wall to obstruct and detach my friends and me.
(305 Words)

Student Name: Uni Chong

1 comment:

  1. Dear Uni, thanks for your sharing and this is a nice piece of work. A couple of questions related to the use of social media are addressed. In the upcoming writing (including the first portfolio), you are suggested to make explicit use of the theoretical terms such as back space and front space when you reflect on your experience. Later on, the terms like surveillance would also be applicable as we are now being watched over by friends and other parties. Nice work. Keep it up! (Frankie)

    ReplyDelete