Tuesday 22 September 2015

Social media and me

Nowadays, social media has become the domination of this generation, it has become part of people’s daily life. It brings a massive influence to our living habits, communication, culture and even health and relationship between others.

For myself, i have to admit that i am “nomophobic” which means i need to have my phone with me all the time. Everyday when i’m in the subway, during the class and even before sleep, i go on Facebook, instagram, all kind of social media platform. Even though it is just the same thing from last time i checked, i just still have to do it. For myself, i always update my status on Facebook, sharing my thought or my life and posting picture on instagram. The reason that make people (including me) become so addicted it is because everyone is the protagonist on there, everyone has their own stage to express themselves.


From the social media, we don't have any place limitation, we can know what our friends up to, what they think, they can “like” and comment, people can become more involved to other’s life. But contradictory, people become distanced to each other, because they have trapped themselves into the box, maybe sometimes we can just say it directly rather than leave a comment.

Student name : Cheng Siu Chun Adrian

1 comment:

  1. Dear Adrian, the reflection is impressive as you can share your experience clearly and in detail in such a short article. Try to theorise your experience by relating your discussion in forthcoming writing. "The medium is the message" is relevant here but I understand that you haven't learnt it when you wrote up the blog. Based on this writing, you can extend your discussion by highlighting one or two events, and by applying the concepts learnt in class in your first portfolio assignment. Nice work! (Frankie)

    ReplyDelete