Wednesday 23 September 2015

First time with social media

     The first meet of social media platform and me was 10 years ago. That was a summer holiday which I go from P.5 to P.6 and I started to use MSN. Social media platform now to me is a ‘MUST TO DO’ thing everyday or even every hour.
 


     Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat are the social media platform that I used everyday from morning to night, no matter on bed, bus, school, home or even toilet. For me, I don’t update my Facebook or Instagram always but I love watching other people’s status or photos. I don't update always as I don't want my 'Back' space show to public, so I just watch other people's photos or status when using social media platform. The main use of social media for me is to connect with the friends that go to other country to study. I can chat with them immediately and know how are they living on the other side of the world.



     It can be said that social media can help solving the generation gap as with the development of scientific and technological progress, parents are also use social media platform to update everyday’s news and their children’s life. They can know about their children by their Facebook news feed.


     The best benefit of social media is to make dreams come true more easily. Take singing as an example, you can share your singing video on Facebook or YouTube. Your friends will ‘Like’ and share if they love your singing and you will get the power and heart to keep singing and upload the video to make your dreams come true.



     The future is coming faster than we think, different gap, different culture and different problems can bridge by social media.




Student Name: Harry Lau Hoi Ming

1 comment:

  1. Dear Harry, thanks for your sharing which is pretty detailed in such a short piece of work. You can try to reflect on your experience by more explicit reference to relevant concepts (such as front and back space in this case) in future.This especially important in the portfolio assignments. A couple of points such as how social media can bridge generation gap could be further explained. But I understand that there are word limitations for this blog. (Frankie)

    ReplyDelete